Regular eye examinations are important for preventative eye health care.
We offer eye exams for all ages and groups, including adult eye exams, child eye exams, seniors and student eye exams.
Exams are often covered in part or entirely by vision insurance plans.
Many vision problems have no obvious signs or symptoms, resulting in people living with problems that they are unaware exist. Early diagnosis and treatment are important for maintaining vision, eye health and preventing vision loss.
Our eye exams include
- Patient history
- Comprehensive pre-testing, including
- Visual acuity (reading charts)
- Depth perception
- Colour vision testing
- Visual field screening
- Keratometry (curvature of the cornea)
- Refraction (measure how the eyes focus light)
- Eye movement testing (how the eyes work and move together)
- Tonometry (eye pressure)
- Anterior eye health evaluation (cornea, eyelids, conjunctiva and surrounding tissue)
- Posterior eye health evaluation (optic nerve and macula and surrounding tissue)
- Retinal imaging (internal tissue evaluation of the eye)
Additional testing may be recommended based on the results of the exam. A one-on-one discussion with the doctor takes place at the end of the visit to review all test results. The optometrist will discuss options, treatments, and techniques to maintain optimal vision.
At the conclusion of an exam, a spectacle and/or contact lens prescription will be provided if correction is required. (Contact lens assessment and fitting are charged separately from full exam).
Most locations have appointments available every weekday; book an appointment today!