UWO Eye exam and UWO vision insurance coverage.
Your USC benefit plan covers (every two years):
- $70 per eye exam
- $100 toward glasses/contacts
We direct bill (at Campus Vision UWO), so you pay only the difference (as low as $25 for an eye exam!).
We also offer complete eyewear packages starting at $150!
NOTE, to allow direct biling, you must activate your student insurance with Canada Life by adding an address to your file at least 2 business days before your appointment. You may do so by:
- Registering for an account at My.CanadaLife.com/register (click “benefits”, enter plan 177890 and student ID as member number), or
- Call 1-888-957-9777 and tell the representative you want to add an address to your file (same plan and ID number as above).
For more information, see StudentBenefits.ca
Your SOGS benefit plan covers:
- $200 every 24 months toward an eye exam, glasses and contact lenses
Are you a T.A.? The union — P.S.A.C. Local 610 (graduate teaching assistants and postdoctoral students) also covers up to $599 in reimbursements for Extended Health costs! Subject to certain limitations – see www.psac610.ca
Postdoctoral students are usually also eligible for a $1,400 health spending account.
Faculty & Staff
- Most faculty & staff at UWO are covered by Manulife. You may also be covered under your spouse’s private insurance plan(s) and can combine both plans for maximum coverage.
- Coverage and coverage cycle varies depending on your employee group, please see the UWO Human Resources “Your Benefits” page for more details, or contact the HR department (519-661-2194) or Manulife.
- We are unable to pre-authorize or verify eligibility for Manulife, please call the insurance company yourself to check.
- If you have signed up for the online claims site for Manulife, we may be able to direct submit electronic claims on your behalf.