UWO Eye exam and UWO vision insurance coverage.
Your USC benefit plan covers (every two years):
- $70 per eye exam
- $100 toward glasses/contacts
We direct bill (at Campus Vision UWO), so you pay only the difference (as low as $25 for an eye exam!).
We also offer complete eyewear packages starting at $150!
For more information, see StudentBenefits.ca
Your SOGS benefit plan covers:
- $200 every 24 months toward an eye exam, glasses and contact lenses
Are you a T.A.? The union — P.S.A.C. Local 610 (graduate teaching assistants and postdoctoral students) also covers up to $599 in reimbursements for Extended Health costs! Subject to certain limitations – see www.psac610.ca
Postdoctoral students are usually also eligible for a $1,400 health spending account.
Faculty & Staff
- Most faculty & staff at UWO are covered by Manulife. You may also be covered under your spouse’s private insurance plan(s) and can combine both plans for maximum coverage.
- Coverage and coverage cycle varies depending on your employee group, please see the UWO Human Resources “Your Benefits” page for more details, or contact the HR department (519-661-2194) or Manulife.
- We are unable to pre-authorize or verify eligibility for Manulife, please call the insurance company yourself to check.
- If you have signed up for the online claims site for Manulife, we may be able to direct submit electronic claims on your behalf.